My halftime thoughts from the Catholic Central-Cass Tech game. Cass Tech leads Catholic Central 15-7
- Turnovers are already killing the Shamrocks. Two fumbles in the first quarter, one returned 55 yards for a touchdown and another, which stalled out a Catholic Central drive inside the Cass Tech 40. Then a fourth down interception.
- Some big plays be the Catholic Central defense has kept the Shamrocks in the game, but the offense hasn't been able to take advantage so far.
- After a Cass Tech fumble, Catholic Central finally cashed in late after a phenomenal throw from Garrett Moores with three defenders in his face and perfectly laid the ball into Zack Bock's hands for the 18 yard score.
- The big key to the Catholic Central scoring drive was its ability to convert two 3rd and longs. A draw play to Bock for a 20 yard gain picked up a first down on a 3rd and 16 and then Moore's TD pass was on 3rd down.
- That was a big stand by the CC defense to keep Cass Tech out of the end zone after a long pass down inside the CC 20. To hold the Technicians to just three points kept it a one possession game. Big stand right there.
- The offense has been able to move the ball at times against the Cass Tech defense, but the Technicians have been a lot like Brother Rice's defense yesterday, with a bend-but-don't-break mentality.
- David Houle has been picking up big chunks of yards with some consistency today, doing a great job on some third and short runs to keep the CC drives alive.
- Cass Tech will start the second half with the ball and that will be critical for Catholic Central. If the Shamrocks can keep the Technicians out of the end zone, Catholic Central will have every opportunity to tie the game up.